Suddenly have time for....?!

I am sure most moms out there that stay home with there kids have had that moment when the house is quiet. Maybe both your kids happen to be napping at the same time. Unmm rarely! Or your husband took one of the kids with him to run errands. Sometimes voluntarily lol! Or in my case, my 3 year old is finally potty- trained and can start preschool! Signal chimes and confetti!! It took until September, literally after 1.5 years of attempted potty training. I would like to say I have some magic advice on potty training a difficult child, but she just finally figured it out on her own! I called my system "gentle" potty training. But I digress, this is about the fact that I now have 2.5 hours twice per week with only the baby and I! With school starting at 9 the baby always falls asleep on the way home. I am not very domestic and always tired so at first, I usually relax and catch up on some Bravo Reality trash! My guilty pleasure! I have discovered though that I like organizing. I take time to sort the book shelves in each room. I sorted the 3-6 months clothes out of the drawers and into storage. Tear  :( I discovered last week that if we pick out my 3 year olds clothes on Sunday, for the whole week, we can avoid daily tantrums over what to wear. This concept inspired me! If you are like me, a mom who mostly lives in gym wear. I actually go to the gym every day! That one hour of me time is so necessary!! But once I shower, I put on a clean pair of black yoga pants and a nursing-friendly tank. I rarely go into our closet. On the occasions I do need to wear jeans, dresses or "normal" clothes I more than likely end up standing in the closet lost for a good 10 minutes! I stress over what will fit. Have I worn something post-baby yet? Will it zip? Is it even in style anymore? And the most important... Can I nurse the baby in it? This week I took 15 minutes and pulled out everything "questionable". I was saving strapless dresses from my honeymoon. Skirts and shorts that were so short I doubt they are even appropriate! I had one dress that I know is over 10 years old. Another top I was saving because it was very expensive even though I know I will never wear it again. I stuffed everything in a trash bag and cinched it up and donated it. It was quick and painless. I was so proud I showed my husband all the empty hangers when he got home. Now I still have way, way too much stuff. But I get 2 mornings every week to try again! My next project is dyi baby wash. Has anyone else tried it? I am going to order some Castille Soap. Let me know if you have any tips!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hiking Provo Canyon in Spring

Spartan Sprint Race while pregnant

Why only 2 kids?