From yoga/runner to Sparten!

I decided to challenge myself and take myself out of my comfort zone and try a Sparten race. It turns out that the race closest to my house is a Sparten Super. It will be 8-10 miles plus 25 obstacles. The training has left me sore, starving and very cranky! I have learned to climb a rope, scale an 8 foot wall, practiced monkey bars, swung from rings, and played on the kids playground.

I have been running for about 6 years. And when I say running, I mean, 7 Half Marathons, 1 full marathon, 4-5 10K races, and too many 5K's over the years to remember. After having my first daughter I took up yoga. I have been practicing up to 4 days a week for over 2 years now. I love the intensity of Hot Vinyasa. It starts with a mediation and slow movement. As you slowly warm up your body, the heat in the room creeps up to 100 degrees. The combination of the heat and movement leave your body, more flexible, calm and feeling amazing. I truly believe it is therapy and a workout in one!

My Sparten race is next Saturday and my husband is joining me. I am nervous, excited, and maybe a little crazy! Wish me luck!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spartan Sprint Race while pregnant

When life throws you lemons