Trip to Japan-part 1

This is the story of our trip to Japan with a 3.5 year old and 5 month old. We packed all our stuff in 2 small suitcases and 2 back packs. We went to REI and bought nice Osprey backpacks. Mine is the Daylight pack which I picked the Rasberry color. It was perfect size to fit all the diapers, wipes, 2 extra outfits and toys for baby. My husband carried all the snacks and mini DVD player. I packed all the snacks in small pre-portioned bags. I used Cheerios, Cheese-it's, goldfish, and brought lots of granola bars which were good for toddler and mommy and daddy! We flew to Seattle on Wednesday and had a one night layover before our flight to Japan. I think it helped splitting the trip up like that. Our flight for Narita left at 1 pm so we did not have to get up early or hurry. They play a lot of great movies on the International flights on Delta Airlines. I watched Love & Mercy, Entourage, and Magic Mike XXL once the kids were asleep. The flight was 9.5 hours. The food on the flight was not good. I would recommend bringing plenty of snacks in case you don't like the food. Overall the girls were pretty good on the flight. Jade would only sleep in my arms. We had the Bulk head seats and they brought us the bassinet. But Jade would not sleep in it. I made sure I drank a lot of water as I am nursing. Farrah slept for about 2 hours. Upon arrival in Narita it was 4 pm Japan time. We were all exhausted but our journey was not over. The story will continue in Part 2.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hiking Provo Canyon in Spring

Why only 2 kids?

Spartan Sprint Race while pregnant