Peanut & Soybean Allergy diagnosis

I got my allergy test results back on Tuesday and to my surprise, I am allergic to Peanuts and Soybeans! I have been eating peanut butter every night mixed with my Whey protein. The whole time I thought the Whey protein was bothering me, when low and behold its the peanut butter!! The last few days have been very stressful as my husband and I start reading labels. Soy is an ingredient in so many foods! I can't just reach in the pantry and grab a snack anymore! I have to read the back of everything! Last night we got pizza from Marco's Pizza. They were able to make me a pizza that contained no Soy! They were very helpful and remade the pizza for me just to make sure. For lunch today we went to Potbelly. I ordered a Farmhouse salad. The girl working was very helpful and brought out a book that listed all the ingredients in their products. It made it easy to order and feel comfortable with what I was eating.

I don't know how long I have had this allergy or if it has developed after I had my 2 babies. As I slowly navigate this new diagnosis I will continue to blog about it.  Please feel free to comment and share your journey with me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hiking Provo Canyon in Spring

Spartan Sprint Race while pregnant

Flying alone with 2 kids