Why only 2 kids?

I had a novel thought this morning! What if 2 kids is enough! Living in Salt Lake City, Utah I get asked all the time, Why only 2 kids? What if 2 kids is all I want! I take care of myself, I workout, eat right. I have 2 beautiful little girls. I have a wonderful husband that supports us. I keep thinking I might want another baby, but this morning as my 20 month old woke up whining and clingy, I thought, what is this is enough for me? I want to be the best mom I can be to these two girls. I want to give them all the love and attention they need. I also am focused on my husband and I having more time alone. Date nights regularly and soon a vacation away alone! I wonder if having another baby would be right for our relationship and our family.

Thinking back to when I had my second daughter, I had a very hard time emotionally. After having three years with just one child, I was very unsure how I was going to be able to love both these little girls! I literally felt like my heart was splitting. Balancing your time with a newborn and a toddler is very challenging. I had a hard time when I was so sleep deprived, giving my demanding 3 year all the attention she needed.

My husband looks at it from a financial point of view.  Paying for diapers, school fees, sports and activities, college and future weddings.  He also likes a neat, organized home. All the toys and mess are too much for him. I try my best, but organization is not my strength.  We have a small, three bedroom home which we would grow out of if we had another child.  I understand his worries, they stem from him being the sole financial provider for our family.

Having another baby may not even be possible for us.  It took us a year and a half for us to conceive our 2nd baby.  I know that no matter what, I DO NOT want to go through the process of trying to conceive.  So unless we get a surprise baby, there will be no more babies.  And someday soon I may be ready to say, yes I only want 2 kids, so that's why I have 2 kids!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spartan Sprint Race while pregnant

From yoga/runner to Sparten!

When life throws you lemons